how to know if baby chick is in depression or stress

kriz the farmer

Songster
May 14, 2018
delhi
please help me i am raising a chick alone
it seems to be well but later he pretends to always be quite and sleeping whenever i saw her she is sleeping and seems to be sad
what are the symptoms of stress in baby chick beside this
she is not digesting the food properly i fed her some grain after few hour she pooped out the grains as they were with some liquid

please help me i am raising a chick alone
it seems to be well but later he pretends to always be quite and sleeping whenever i saw her she is sleeping and seems to be sad
what are the symptoms of stress in baby chick beside this
she is not digesting the food properly i fed her some grain after few hour she pooped out the grains as they were with some liquid
Hi. :frow

What do you mean by fed some grain? Is it chick starter? How old is the chick? Where did it come from? Any feed stores near by you can get a friend? Otherwise... I might check Craigslist farm and garden section for a friend.

Symptoms of stress in baby chick is LOUD peeping, pasty butt, gasping for air. Sleeping is normal depending on age. Loneliness ISN'T your current issue... nor depression.

:fl

Hi. :frow

What do you mean by fed some grain? Is it chick starter? How old is the chick? Where did it come from? Any feed stores near by you can get a friend? Otherwise... I might check Craigslist farm and garden section for a friend.

Symptoms of stress in baby chick is LOUD peeping, pasty butt, gasping for air. Sleeping is normal depending on age. Loneliness ISN'T your current issue... nor depression.

:fl
please help me i meant this by grains oats she is pooping too frequently 5 times in 3 minutes she is about 2 months old . i got her from a local seller she is a indian ora mix breed

Is the baby by itself? Chicks don't tend to do well alone. They need friends of their own kind. If you are feeding her anything other than chick starter, she needs grit to aid in digestion.
i have raised her on treats without grit she has done very well and dont have any problem for months she suddenly start doing watery dropping and now she poop undigested food and now she is not in stress she was just scared

She needs chick starter...

otherwise she will die from malnutrition... could be the route of your problem.
She needs chick starter...

otherwise she will die from malnutrition... could be the route of your problem. :hmm
she never have starter and she also hate it she was fine tommorow and today only watery and undigested food

Please bring in a plug of dirt with grass for her to get some grit from, it is VERY essential...

She hasn't been doing fine and this is the long term that result that you are just noticing from misinformation... no blame... let's just do better NOW.

If you can afford poultry nutri drench... get it and add to her water. Or any vitamin and mineral supplement. Feed her some meat... tuna, cat food anything... scrambled egg... yes scrambled egg! The amino acids that come from animal protein are essential and added into our formulated rations.

She could be suffering from cocci as well... but I PROMISE you... it's all about nutrition.

Grit (or small pebbles) is HOW chickens digest things inside their gizzard. No rocks in there to aid in digestion will eventually end up with blocked crop... you have just been lucky so far! Please understand... I know my stuff and don't benefit in any way by telling you to get her a good formulated feed meant for chickens.

If you don't have it available to you... I can help come up with some things that will give you better results... I realize we are not in the same country and maybe don't have the same resources.

Back
Top Bottom