How to loosen/remove bumblefoot infection without cutting?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dorothymcd, Mar 26, 2015.

1. dorothymcd

dorothymcd Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2013
    When you have to Remove Bumblefoot Infection whats the least painful, least tarmac and least surgical way, to remove & GET ALL of the infection out.

What solutions are best to use that help the infection loosen and come out by itself?

How does the infection look? I would love to see videos and pictures of the actual infection part. I need to make sure I'm not cutting or digging for flesh and ligaments. How do i push it out, squeeze it out? What consistency is it? Is it hard? soft?
    What consistencies does it come in, colors, texture? I need to know how its attached to the bird? how to know where it ends.

I have been watching videos reading posts and pictures but i am still not sure what to do to make it as short, and painless as possible and get it all the first time so my bird can heal not stay in pain and have to repeat it over and over and damage my bird more then necessary.

This is not part of the body so it should come out why do i have to cut into the flesh? I need all any any advice the more i hear and see the better for my hen..

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Read this thread:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/303829/vet-suggestion-for-non-invasive-bumblefoot-cure

3. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by