how To Make A cabinet Incubater

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by java girl 2, Dec 27, 2011.

1. java girl 2

java girl 2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    NY
    [​IMG] OK, I need to make a cabnit incubater to hatch more eggs at a time [​IMG] [​IMG] "sigh" so I have some Q, #1 can I make the walls out of wood or does it need to be plastic ? #2 what can I use for heat ? #3 what size fan do I need to use? # 4 Is it possble to make my own turners ? I want to have 2 to 4 turners in this cabnit. so I am going to use 1/4 to 1/2 screen for shelfs. I was thinking I can order the moters and then hook up the turners to this ?? any help is good for me and my little peeps !!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  2. java girl 2

May 17, 2011
    NY
    nobody can help ??????

3. free_loader

free_loader Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2007
    DeLeon Springs
    1. wood is fine, my gqf is wood
    2. anything that gets hot, hell my 1st homemade bater used the elements I robbed from a toaster
    3. the biggest fan you can fit
    4. Possible? yes! Easy? no!

4. java girl 2

May 17, 2011
    NY
    Quote:I LIKE YOU !!!! [​IMG] THANK YOU!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
  6. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    1. The incubator can be wood, most homemade cabinet incubators are.
    2. You can use light bulbs, ceramic bulbs, heat lamp bulbs, heating element kit from Ebay, (heating element from a toaster, dehydrator, or an old styro foam incubator.)
    3. The fan should be big, You could use two desk fans or a big fan. There are fans specifically for incubators that you can buy from Ebay.
    4. You can make your own egg turners, but I use 2 little giant egg turners. Here is a picture of my Fridge incubator set up. And a few other pictures.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by