How To Make A Cheap Brooder?

new2chickens2011

Songster
8 Years
Jun 11, 2011
Hi everyone,
My chickies are growing out of their little rabbit cage brooder..... I need to makea bigger one but I don't have many materials and can't spend much money...Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
smile.png

Time to go dumpster diving then
big_smile.png
if you have construction near you, they're usually more than happy to let you haul away their scraps. That's how my coop and quarentine hutch were built. Ones trash is anothers treasure. Good luck!

Thanks for your suggestions! I ended up scouring the garage and finding an old large storage container, which I made a top for with some wood scraps and chicken wire:)

I have new chicks coming too, I set up an old utility trailer that's about 5x8 foot and put a couple OSB boards over the top to keep raccoons out.

Hi from Ga. I make mine out of 4' x 8' OSB board I made a box 8' long and 30" wide put welded wire on the top to keep the birds in . Total cost about $10.

I just used a large moving box the last few times. I have also used the portable/foldable dog kennels that we had in the garage for them, just lined the inside and bottom with something ...I think was cardboard....to keep the chicks from slipping thru the holes until they were too big to do so. We kept our chicks in the kennel tho for a while...till they were about 9 or 10 weeks tho cos the coop was still in progress lol

Back
Top Bottom