1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how to make a chicken diaper? please post your thoughts

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Nutcase, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Nutcase

Nutcase Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Australia
    My Coop
    I would like to make a chicken diaper for my favourite chicken (okay, okay, I have a favourite) and noticed that Crafty-Duck mentioned diapers in a recent thread. How many other people use chicken diapers? What materials are used? How are they made and do they actually work? Please post your thoughts and tell me how to make one. Thanks!!

2. I thought of this myself...
    You know the doctors face mask that is a rectangular shape and not the circle one BTW...?
    You put the part that goes over your mouth over their vent and simply put the ear straps over their wings! Easy peesy! Theyre only $1 for 10 of them at dollar tree! They're disposable little diapers that work amazingly! I don't like the sewed ones. They're hard to use because if they poop you have to change them and put it in the wash... Now what do you put on the chicken!? Lol! I just came up with these and went along with it!

Hope this helps y'all with your diaper ideas!

Poultry Couture Farms

1 person likes this.
  3. Nutcase

Dec 2, 2012
    Australia
    My Coop
    That sounds alright but have you actually tried it?

4. Yep! Use them 24/7! All the time! I actually ran out yesterday evening! But they're amazing!

5. Nutcase

Dec 2, 2012
    Australia
    My Coop
    Can they be purchased at a supermarket or do I have to go somewhere special?

6. Hmmm.

Dollar tree, ( possibly CVS), wal-Mart, and places like that. Just in the pharmacy isles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by