How to make a coop mobile?!?!?!

feelyweely

In the Brooder
Dec 8, 2016
There is a coop that I have my heart set on building and I really don't want to settle for anything less than this coop! The only problem is it is a stationary coop and I need to make it mobile, I just don't know how. This is the coop, http://thetanglednest.com/2010/02/our-urban-chicken-coop-plan/ . I only need to coop itself to be mobile, not the enclosure around it. I need to somehow get some wheels on this baby and get it rolling! If you have any ideas on how to make it mobile, they would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!!

Make a sled frame from treated lumber. I have made four so far. Attach ropes to one end. Watch how weight is distributed so as not to tip it. I move mine only half a length each and put fresh feed / shell corn on side that will still be under sled if moves to be made during day. That helps keep birds from getting run over.

@centrarchid could you possibly submit a photo of your sleds so I can really picture these and how they would/could work? Thanks! Great idea BTW!

Back
Top Bottom