How to make a homemade cheap incubator?

Amer101

Hatching
Mar 31, 2017
I'm on a low budget so I would appreciate it if anyone could send me how to make a homemade incubator and some pictures too

Please let us know if you find a successful one! Alot of people say that they can dry incubate until the last few days so maybe that helps to only have to regulate the temperature for a while.

Please let us know if you find a successful one! Alot of people say that they can dry incubate until the last few days so maybe that helps to only have to regulate the temperature for a while.

Regulating the Humidity should not be a problem----humidity is controlled by the water surface---if you want more---just add more surface, less---less surface---its not how much water, its how much surface. Example---a small container will have less humidity than a big container----doesn't matter if one is deeper than the other. Deeper would mean you would have to add water less.

If you build a incubator and do not figure in room for the water containers----you got a problem.

I feel I could take one of the Styrofoam coolers and build a working incubator---use a utensil tray in the bottom for water---fill every how many troughs you need for the humidity you want---lay a piece of 1/4" hardware cloth across that tray---add heat, whether its a bulb or heating element, add a fan to move the air around and 2 important things some try to get by without---a thermostat and vents. Thermostats can be bought off Ebay for $10 to $15-----vents--size and location have to be where they work proper---just according to how its built----but simple. So with that example I feel I can build a ""WORKING" incubator cheap using those few things.

Last edited:
Regulating the Humidity should not be a problem----humidity is controlled by the water surface---if you want more---just add more surface, less---less surface---its not how much water, its how much surface. Example---a small container will have less humidity than a big container----doesn't matter if one is deeper than the other. Deeper would mean you would have to add water less.

If you build a incubator and do not figure in room for the water containers----you got a problem.

I feel I could take one of the Styrofoam coolers and build a working incubator---use a utensil tray in the bottom for water---fill every how many troughs you need for the humidity you want---lay a piece of 1/4" hardware cloth across that tray---add heat, whether its a bulb or heating element, add a fan to move the air around and 2 important things dome try to get by without---a thermostat and vents. Thermostats can be bought off Ebay for $10 to $15-----vents--size and location have to be where they work proper---just according to how its built----but simple. So with that example I feel I can build a ""WORKING" incubator cheap using those few things.

Thank you! I learn so much here! Right now my issue is that my two internal thermometers both say 94 now but my digital one says 99.5. idk what to believe

Thank you! I learn so much here! Right now my issue is that my two internal thermometers both say 94 now but my digital one says 99.5. idk what to believe

Have you put them all in the same spot----grouped together to see how close they are? Not one here and one over there----all 3 right together?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom