1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how to make chicken ware for your chickens can wear and accessories

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by 101chickenlover, Dec 31, 2012.

1. 101chickenlover

101chickenlover Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2012
    i have seen diapers and orther things chickens have warn but what about dreeses, t-shirts, tanktops, shoes, hats, pants, shorts and bathing suits. Also any accessories like necklaces or anklelets or bows. Please tell me what and how to make one of the things i listed. I really need to know!!!!!![​IMG]

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I'm pro things that is beneficial for the chicken to wear, like saddles, and things that are practical, like diapers, but apart from that I think chickens should go unadorned. Shoes would make it difficult for them to scratch (and chickens love scratching), necklaces would get stuck on things and choke the birds and t-shirts and things like that would be uncomfortable and make it hard for them to maintain their correct body heat and use their wings. Little hats is fine for photo shoots like your avatar pic, but only apart from that I think they should go natural.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by