How to make the most money

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Iowa Farm Boy, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Iowa Farm Boy

Iowa Farm Boy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2014
    I am trying to make a profit out of my poultry, so what type of bird should I get and what do I do with it to make the most money?

2. cackleberrycam

cackleberrycam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2013
    I would say to use Anconas or White leghorns. They lay white eggs and Anconas do not eat very much, and they are very good at foraging for themselves ( which will keep your cost down.)
    Also, white Leghorns do not go broody and can lay up to 325 eggs a year![​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] to BYC!

If I only knew how to make money on my birds....LOL Good luck in your poultry ventures! And enjoy BYC!

4. Iowa Farm Boy

Jan 11, 2014
    I was researching online to see what meat bird would make the most money, and I think my answer is turkeys. Am I right or wrong?

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. petrel

petrel Chats with Chickens

Welcome.

I'd suggest breaking down your questions by type of fowl or use and then inquiring on the individual forums.

Thanks for joining.

8. GarthRyan

GarthRyan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2013
    Turkeys would most likely be more meat but they're also more expensive and harder to raise. You can get dual purpose chickens such as Black Australorps or a lot of other brown egg laying breeds and they will lay well and also have a decent amount of meat if you harvest them. Good luck.

9. Iowa Farm Boy

Jan 11, 2014
    What if I raised exotic bantams and sold them at poultry swap meets? Because they don't eat much, but I don't know what a reasonable price would be for an adult bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by