1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How to mix terramycin

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by vwoods, Apr 28, 2008.

1. vwoods

vwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Spotsylvania, Virginia
    I have a sick 12 day old australorp chick and need to mix just a little terramycin in H20 for one chick only. Only instructions on the package are for huge amounts and also talks about a proportioner being set to meter? I have never even heard of that? Any ideas? This chick is still eating and drinking a little but stands by herself, never lays down to sleep, seems to be uncomfortable and have a larger abdomen than the others? Any advice would be helpful.

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

You use 1 teaspoon for matience and 2 teaspoons for treatment per gallon.

3. vwoods

vwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Spotsylvania, Virginia
    Thanks...trying it...hope it works

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

How is it going? Is the chick getting better?

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    What are you treating the chick for? You don't want to use antibiotics unless you are certain your chick has an infection. Overuse in antibiotics can make your chicks bodies grow an immunity to them and then when you need them, they won't work. Just be careful when using antibiotics. [​IMG]

I also want to say, [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by