How to mount this metal wall-mount feeder?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by off-grid hen, Jun 19, 2011.

1. off-grid hen

off-grid hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I bought two of these from stromberg's. I feel so stupid asking this, but what are the little metal hook thingies on the sides? Are they for mounting? At first I thought they help hold the cover on, but it doesn't fit around the cover snugly at all.

I was thinking oif just screwing the back to the wall of the coop, but how do I get the screwdriver in there? LOL.

I feel so embarrassed that I can't figure this out.

http://www.strombergschickens.com/product/econo-feeder-5-inch/trough-and-wall-mounted

2. ChickenAl

ChickenAl Diagnosis...Chicken-Headed

Jun 5, 2011
    Putnam cty, NY
    Looks like those two hooks are what you hang the feeder from. Probably have to put screws partway into the stud or wall then hang the hooks on them. At least that is what it looks like to me.

3. Lovable Chicks

Lovable Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    I have a feed that looks like this...Mine is actually a rabbit feeder and I think U R to cut a opening through wire and then use those 'hooks' to hold to wire. Right now I just leave it sit up against the wall.

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Those feeder are used on wire cages (example; rabbit cages)
    On a side not if you want mount them to the just run a screw threw the back and also if you go to get any more go to Bass and you will save almost $8.00
    http://www.bassequipment.com/Home/default.aspx
    Here is a photo of the feeder hook-up
    [​IMG]

Chris

5. off-grid hen

off-grid hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Quote:Gah! Where's that smacking forehead smiley when I need it? LOL I guess I'll have to rig something up to hang it on the wall of the WOODEN coop.

[​IMG]

The description says "wall mount feeder". Ugh. *hangs head in shame*.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  6. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    I use these in some ofmy bantam pens. Just drill a couple of hole high on the back of the feeded & screw or nail it to the wall-remove the wire clips as they're not needed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by