How to Position a computer fan in incubator??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by toto65, Aug 5, 2010.

1. toto65

toto65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Holland, VT
    I have 2 still air incubators, a HovaBator and a LG. i was just given 2 computer fans from friend who works on computers. My question is how and where to install them in the bators. I know this information has probably been repeated several times in other threads but can't seem to find one that really shows how and where to install. Please help! [​IMG]

2. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    I used a power supply fan in my hovabator. I determined witch way the fan was blowing and mounted the fan so it would blow against the top of the bator I remounted the guard on the fan I have so the chicks won,nt jump up into it.

3. JD

JD Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Tennessee
    Ditto on above and here are some pic's to help you out. I also cut a piece of fencing or hardward cloth over mine and used a power supply from an old cell phone. Hope this helps. Be sure and use some kind of spacecers so the air can circulate too. Good luck!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    mine is similar, but blowing down on the eggs. ( hot air rises) so i figured blowing it back down would be best. I also have a little more room in between the top and the fan. Personal preference for the type or powering of the fan. i also strung my wires for permanent coming out the side throught he factory power wire groove, just taped it to the other wires inside.

5. JD

JD Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Tennessee
    Well I always seen here it was better not to blow down on eggs, as you said your own preference. I was just giving her an idea on what she can do by the pics. Mine has always work outstanding and had good hatches.

6. toto65

toto65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Holland, VT
    Thanks to all. this was just the kind of information I was looking for. I have a power source from an old computer which means that I can plug in as many or as few fans as I need. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by