1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How to post to Craigslist

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hisbride, Jul 17, 2007.

1. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    This is probably in the wrong place....how do I submit a post to sell chickens on Craigslist? I have read where some were removed and I don't want to have to repost. Thanks

2. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    you have to be VERY VERY creative. you'll get flagged in about an hour or so. sometimes you'll get some bites before they flag you.

if you do a search on the whole system for chickens or hens or roosters, you'll see examples of those that didn't get flagged.

good luck!

3. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    i have had a lot of luck on craigslist. just be sure to post in farm and garden! i dont know why you would be flagged....[​IMG]

4. pattycake

pattycake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    fingerlakes, ny
    You're not supposed to sell animals on Craigslist. I wanted to sell my extra chicks, but I ended up just giving them away on CL. It was okay -- I liked the people who took them.

5. mosier

mosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Madison, Wisconsin
    You can either post them in the Pets section or in the Farm & Garden. To not get flagged you might say that you are giving them away but they have an "adoption fee". Many many people do this for their dogs and cats in the pet section and I have never seen them get flagged.

6. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    Thank you very much!!

7. domromer

domromer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2007
    Flagstaff,AZ
    Just be prepared to re-post. It seems there are people who spend all day flagging items. I had to re-post my rooster 10 times.

8. mosier

mosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Also, check the Wanted section....you might not even have to post if someone is already looking.

9. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    I think you have to be careful how you word the post. Instead of saying "chickens" say "Rhode Island Reds." Rather than saying "hens," say layers. I have been searching Craigslist and finding nothing. Now I realize why.

Rufus

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by