How to price my Chicks & Ducks?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by andischickenfarm, Jul 10, 2007.

1. andischickenfarm

andischickenfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2007
    N.E. Oklahoma
    I've got (3) mixed breed ducks and I've got (3) 1/2 Buff Orptington 1/2 New Hampshire Red chicks. They are one and a half (1 1/2) months old. What would be a fair price for them? I don't know if they are boys or girls?.

Thanks,
    Andi

Here is some pics. I think the dad was a mallard? I got the eggs from my cousin and my banty hatched them out. They are great little swimmers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  2. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Depending on the mixed ducks breeds, older ducks go for around $5-$8 around here, more for pure breds of course, or for unusual mixes. As for the chicks, you could start by asking around $8 for them, or raise them a few weeks more to be able to ask more for "started" birds around 3 months old go for as much as $12 each for pullets. If you post pics here, it would help us tell you better, and maybe we can tell you wether you have boys or girls.

3. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    not sure about the ducks, but I just Paid 3$ each for 3- four month old Mixed breed hens. I guess it all depends on your area.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  4. andischickenfarm

andischickenfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2007
    N.E. Oklahoma
    So should I ask more for my ducks than my chicks or the other way around? I've never raised/bought/sold ducks before.

Thanks,
    Andi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by