How to Provide Emergency and Supportive Care - Updated 01/17/2021

Wow, this is great! I don't know much of anything about ER and supportive care, my specialty is lice, but I'm trying to learn more!
Thanks for your help with my EE.

Miss Kathy, you saved my roos life today !! I was just so sure the tube went down the center hole. But wanted to double check with you first .. So glad I did.
bow.gif

Not sure if it already exists, but if it would help, I could put together a medical kit list...

I started a new thread for that. So many things one can have, just depends on how hard core one wants to get when/if they need to treat an ill or injured bird. I don't have the option to take most of mine to a vet, so my kit is a little ove the top. Far too often I read about people using things like peroxide to clean wounds, which is pretty much worthless as a cleaner, so that's why I posted about chlorhexadine.

-Kathy

I started a new thread for that. So many things one can have, just depends on how hard core one wants to get when/if they need to treat an ill or injured bird. I don't have the option to take most of mine to a vet, so my kit is a little ove the top. Far too often I read about people using things like peroxide to clean wounds, which is pretty much worthless as a cleaner, so that's why I posted about chlorhexadine.

-Kathy

Yea, my kit keeps growing. I also have ducks, peacocks, goats, cats, etc and each of them has unique issues that require different supplies. I'm up to a rolling tackle box (2 boxes on top of each other) and there are still things I'm missing...

Back
Top Bottom