How to put chicken blinders on my wyandotte?

Celeste Cannon

Songster
Jan 15, 2018
Los Angeles, California
I got some blinders for the bully of my flock and I can’t get the dang thing on her. I looked for a tutorial video but I couldn’t find one and it seemed like they were made for a different comb shape. How/can I put one on her? I attached a pic of the contraption and the meany.

Attachments

MarkJr

Yard Bird Enthusiast
Premium Feather Member
Jun 15, 2020
Elkton, OR
Only way I see is to cut the small connecting band. Will it be stiff enough that way?

drinkoj

Songster
Premium Feather Member
May 24, 2020
Upstate South Carolina
That's the same look my wife gave me when I've said something dumb like, "Honey, Oct ## on a Sunday I'm going to go hunting in the morning." and then, "But honey our anniversary is Saturday Oct ## why does that matter?" She looks thoroughly pissed at you.

MarkJr

Yard Bird Enthusiast
Premium Feather Member
Jun 15, 2020
Elkton, OR
I believe they are upside down. The small band that is under the beak needs to be above. It’s only there to make the blinder portion more rigid.

NatJ

Crowing
Mar 20, 2017
USA

drinkoj

Songster
Premium Feather Member
May 24, 2020
Upstate South Carolina
That's the same look my wife gave me when I've said something dumb like, "Honey, Oct ## on a Sunday I'm going to go hunting in the morning." and then, "But honey our anniversary is Saturday Oct ## why does that matter?" She looks thoroughly pissed at you.
For some strange reason, with the quick reactions I have gotten from this real life event, either some of you ladies had your spouse try and do this, or you men have experienced this too.

Top Bottom