1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How to put water in a 1588 incubator ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by adorable, May 23, 2008.

1. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    I have a 1588 incubator with the turner in it. I have noticed that when i have to add water to the bottom. I have a very hard time to put water in the right spot. I have to lift the turner full of eggs and the screen and pour water in. Is there a better way of doing this.???[​IMG]

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I don't put an egg in one of the middle racks. Then I take a straw and syringe, take out the red plug, put the straw in and position it over the empty turner spot and squirt the water through the syringe and straw.

3. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:This is exactly what I do, except I don't have a turner. But the straw and syringe technique, yep, same here!! [​IMG]

4. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    thanks. I would of never thought of that. I thought maybe this was a dumb question to ask. But now i am glad i did.thanks again:D

5. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    It depends on which trough U want to add water to. If U have a liner. The one marked "c" is the one I use. I just take out the plug and water with a straw and a large syringe. Mine uses around 35cc per day. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by