How to raise a non aggressive rooster? ( Cuckoo Maran)

Camilladavisss

Chirping
Dec 12, 2020
Hey I just discovered that one of my supposedly female cuckoo marans is a rooster. He has a bigger comb than the other and we just heard him crow. He is 9 weeks old. How do you start training him to be a nice rooster that doesn’t attack me?

Hey I just discovered that one of my supposedly female cuckoo marans is a rooster. He has a bigger comb than the other and we just heard him crow. He is 9 weeks old. How do you start training him to be a nice rooster that doesn’t attack me?
Handle him a lot. The rooster I have is pretty docile, but still defends his hens. I handled him a lot as a chick (he was supposed to be a hen too) and he wont attack me or the kids. He tried to a few times in the beginning, but a couple swift kicks to the chest solved that problem

Hello there!
If you want him to be nice I suggest picking him up often and patting him. He won‘t like it at first but that’s what I do and it seems to work for me.😊

Back
Top Bottom