How to raise Jumbo Pekins

obsessed

Songster
12 Years
Jan 3, 2008
Slidell, LA
I have 4 Jumbo Pekins that are meat ducks. I THINK I need to contain and keep them contained so that they can gain some weight and be ready to be processed. Currently, they are roaming my yard with the rest of the flock of layer ducks. But they look so happy with the rest of the ducks.

If I don't contain they what will happen when will they be ready to be butchered? Can I keep one or is no possiblity they will be able to mate?

I didnt have any emotional feeling toward the meat chickens or the meat rabbits. Why is this happening with the Ducks?

It's called a conscience...do what you like, luckily for you it's all legal, but animals deserve the respect and freedom to behave as animals. I guess it comes down to what is more important to you...ethics or the tenderness of the meat.

To tell you the truth i have the same problem but i have the jumbo pekins i kept for my own use and they mate it something about the way a duck will tilt there head sideways and just give you "That Look" with those cute little tiny eyes that just touches your heart

i have pekins. love them to death. they are just pets. we don't eat their eggs and we would never kill them to eat them, or let anyone else kill them. they are so sweet. they get upset if we lock them up for too long. they have about 3 acres to roam, 1 is my yard, another is a large pond, and then the last is the area AROUND the pond. they just love coming out to play. they are my babies.

well i have pekins, i let them roam my yard on the weekends and during the week keep them pined up and feed them lots of corn and there huge so if u want give that a try

Back
Top Bottom