How to raise my baby chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by RedBreasted, Feb 7, 2015.

1. RedBreasted

RedBreasted Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2014
    Idaho
    Hi guys! You remember me, right? The one with the old english hen, right? So I bought 2 more chicks. And yes, I gotten more confidence. The 1st chick is a Female Rhode Island Red, and the 2nd chick is a Buff Orpington. So right now is February 7,2015, Can you help me if they can survive? I didn't let them outside yet since their still only a couple weeks old. I put them some where really warm in my house in a box. Is a really good brooder box. I wonder if they survive or not. I gotten a chicken starter kit food for them and some water. So will they survive? We only have 6 1/2 weeks until winters over.
    So if you help me, Thank you!

2. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    As long as you keep them warm, dry, fed & watered, they should be ok. Check them at least daily - how old are they now?? They cannot go outside until they have fully feathered out - around 10 weeks or so, even then I would be cautious if the temp. is low. Good luck, [​IMG]

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Why wouldn't they survive? You've got them in a warm brooder, are feeding and watering them. You're meeting all of their basic needs, I see no reason for them to not survive [​IMG]

4. RedBreasted

RedBreasted Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2014
    Idaho
    They both are now 1 week old. So yea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by