1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How to Raise Single Serama Chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BlueJaye, Sep 30, 2013.

1. BlueJaye

BlueJaye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Colorado
    It was an accidental hatch. How do I do this?!?

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I advise getting a small stuffed animal, and putting it in with her. This way, she will feel more at home, as it will be like she's with other chicks. Try putting in a small mirror, too, so that she can see her reflection and think that she's with other chickens. Spend some time with her every day so that she doesn't get too lonely as well.

3. BlueJaye

Mar 7, 2013
    Colorado

How will she learn chicken-y behavior?

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Chicks, even those that aren't raised naturally, have certain instincts. Among those are to find food and water, scratch the ground, establish the pecking order, take dust baths, and be wary around predators. Your chick might turn out a bit different than your other chickens (more human-oriented), but she/he will still know how to act like a chicken.

5. BlueJaye

Mar 7, 2013
    Colorado

Okay good . :) thank you both for the help

6. Gelo75

Gelo75 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2013
    California
    I have two chicks, 6 days old, and from 4 days when I got them, they got in the bowl and scratched it before eating. They have those traits in them, like Bantamlover21 said.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by