So now Connor's comb has healed up, and except for some persistent purple stains on his feathers, he looks just fine. However, he has been stuck in an unheated second bathroom for a few days. I had meant to put him out every other day, but for some reason the ohter rooster had been outside for 3 or 4 days in a row, and Connor has been stuck inside. So now it is time for Connor and Brigid the Wonder Chicken to go back outside and be chickens again. The temperatures here this week are 35-47 during the day, and 21-43 at night. As I said, they have been in an unheated bathroom (our furnace is broken and the guy will not be out to fix it until later in the week, so right now nothing is heated, and the insulation up there sucks!). The shed has a single heat light to keep it above freezing. So right now I want to know the best way to re-acclimate Mr. Fancypants-indoor-rooster and the spoiled pet hen to the great outdoors. To complicate matters, I still have Shamus the Big Meany in the shed. I had meant to put Shamus out today while we upgrade the pen in the shed, but it is supposed to get down to 21 degrees tonight. I wonder whether that will be hard on Connor and Brigid. On the other hand, they dont have any heat upstairs, and there is a lamp and other warm bodies in the shed.It might be nicer in there! The weather is supposed to get warmer and go back to being unusually mild, with low temps around 30 the rest of the week. Should I just wait until tomorrow to put him out?