How to remove paint from baby rooster?

Motherhenner

In the Brooder
Feb 13, 2018
I recently bought 4 baby chicks from my local feed store: 3 hens and 1 rooster. The rooster was marked on the top of his head with a smudge of green paint by the hatchery. I asked the employee at the feed store if I should wipe it off or wait for it to come off. He told me that it was water based and if I wanted to I could remove it with a qtip and some warm water OR that it would come off within a few days. It’s been 5 days with no sign of it wearing off. I tried doing the qtip thing but it won’t come off! Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 4E1DD09A-9C50-49DD-BE7A-E03345B56529.jpeg
    4E1DD09A-9C50-49DD-BE7A-E03345B56529.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 29
I recently bought 4 baby chicks from my local feed store: 3 hens and 1 rooster. The rooster was marked on the top of his head with a smudge of green paint by the hatchery. I asked the employee at the feed store if I should wipe it off or wait for it to come off. He told me that it was water based and if I wanted to I could remove it with a qtip and some warm water OR that it would come off within a few days. It’s been 5 days with no sign of it wearing off. I tried doing the qtip thing but it won’t come off! Any suggestions?
He’s really cute. The only advice I can give you is to wait until he loses his baby fluff and gets his feathers in.

If you want to see the green dye disappear sooner, provide the chicks a tub of sand in which to dirt bathe. He will very quickly cleanse the dye off as he learns to dirt bathe over a few days time.

Back
Top Bottom