How to search for members?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Egghead_Jr, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    Say you want to contact a member or view their profile. I've tried this by typing members handle in search but what comes up is where they are mentioned not where they've posted recently or their profile. How does one find a member without having to peruse a thread to find an entry of theirs then click on their handle?

There must be an easy way, please enlighten me.

2. jphendrix

jphendrix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2012
    Waycross, Georgia
    I would like to know this too!

3. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Up at the search bar you will see Advance Search near the left. Click there and you will see the second box is member search. Type in member name and scroll down to choose posts only option. This should highlight the member, from there click on their profile.

1 person likes this.
  4. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    When you do your general search, there is a column on the left that ends with "users," besides the list of posts. Click on "users" and it will show matches or near matches for that name, then click on the one you want, which will take you to their profile. This works well if you have the name exactly right, and sometimes works if you don't.

5. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    LOL, I think there are always at least two ways to do things here!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Very helpful - thanks, I have also wondered the same thing.

7. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    So right Flockwatcher... I noticed that two members have almost identical names...!

Thank you so much for the clarification of how to contact an individual....!!!!

Suzie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by