How to sell eggs in Central Illinois.

Dljohnson

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 30, 2012
We have about 50 hens and get about 2 dozen eggs a day, presently. Our biggest problem is we do not know how to get started in getting them sold. Any ideas? South of Decatur.

I would call your local USDA office and ask. There are a lot of rules regarding eggs for human consumption. I don't sell eggs at a market but here in Florida, if I did, I would have to mark mine "not for human consumption or Fertile eggs for hatching. I sell eggs through work and to friends and I donate eggs to the local food pantries who are happy to have them. My daughter sells some of our eggs to her teachers, Right now all of our layers are not old enough but a few years ago we had 55 layers and more eggs than I knew what to do.

Glad you joined us
Caroline

Hi and :welcome

Good luck!
If all else fails you can always give them as presents - a box of eggs is always a popular gift amongst our friends. :D

Sell sell sell. Work, neighbors, Craigslist. We have a feed store here that gives store credit for them and then they sell them. I have my three year old walk through my work and my hubbys shop and she sells them all..even makes tips. Lol I have also traded friends for baked goods. Yummmmm

welcome-byc.gif
I just came across a thread called "Illinois Traders," ( you could put that in the search box) they sell & trade - maybe something would work out for you.

Make an accout on craigslist. Click on your state, and then your closest city. Then make you an account, Then post your ad. At the bottom of your add you can put keywords like fresh eggs, chick, chicken, poultry. This will help your ad pull up more views. Craigslist is a good way to advertise for free. Good Luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom