1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how to sex Guinea fowl chicken cross hybrids ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jayke563, Feb 27, 2016.

1. jayke563

jayke563 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2015
    Northern Massachusetts
    does any one know how to sex Guinea fowl chicken hybrids I have some Guinea hens with one of my barred rock roosters and I'm gonna hatch the eggs but how do u sex the adults or the chicks for that matter ???

2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015

If they do cross the offspring are sterile. I would assume that a male would have a combination of male characteristics of the rooster and the guinea. From what I have read fertility is very low if at all. Many years ago I had a chick hatch I believed to be a cross; it died within days-was weak and frail.

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Agreed, any offspring will be mules, so it really doesn't matter which sex they are.

You could do a forum search for Miracle the chicken/guinea cross. There were some pictures on there, if you manage to hatch some, I'd think they'd look very similar.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by