How to sex Muscovy ducklings

Yeah, that would save me having to give them baths all the time so they could rinse out their nostrils...never thought of the milk jug. Very excited to try it! That's too sad about your baby drowning...always heartbreaking.

I'm gonna go check mine now! They are a month old. I have some with tree trunk legs and HUGE feet for their frame but I never looked at the ears.

Anyone care to take a stab at Quackers' sex? :)

Are these lavender feathers I see coming out? :fl

Okay! LOL. Do you have ONLY this one? Otherwise I would be more content to answer if I could see two together...for comparison. How old is this baby? and here comes my stupid question... is a Quacker a specific breed or just a non-muscovy? ;)

Okay! LOL. Do you have ONLY this one? Otherwise I would be more content to answer if I could see two together...for comparison. How old is this baby? and here comes my stupid question... is a Quacker a specific breed or just a non-muscovy? ;)

Lol yes Quackers (that's my 4 yr old daughters ducks name she named him/her ) is the only one & is around 5-6 weeks old. Oh & is a Muscovy. :)

Last edited:
Okay! I missed the muscovy part there...sorry, lol. It's called "distracted." Now that I know Quackers is the name and muscovy is the breed, lol, I will guess that it is Mr. Quackers. I am only saying this because of his somewhat noticeable "ears" in two of the pics. Maybe if I saw a detailed head picture I would change my mind. I will try to post a picture of my babies lined up to show you what I mean about the ears! And so far all the ones with prominent ears turned out to be dudes ;)... Sir Quackers looks cute, though! :)

Back
Top Bottom