How to sex my Patridge Wyandottes??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by urbanfarmers, Jun 27, 2010.

1. urbanfarmers

urbanfarmers Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2010
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Does anyone know when I will be able to sex my Partridge Wyandotte Bantams? We bought 8 chicks when they were about 6-7 weeks old, they are about 8 weeks now and I have no idea if I have boys or girls! I have looked all over the net and it says check the eyes for rings, check the legs, the spot between their eyes, their feathers, etc., but they all look the same to me! Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!

2. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    Not sure if that breed has certain signs to tell breed. I would just say to watch the combs and who gets longer tail feathers [​IMG]

Also think there is something like, the saddle feathers for males are pointier and females are more rounded....I think.

3. Peppermint

Peppermint Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, first.... [​IMG]

And second, Congrats on your Partridge Wyandottes. I'm completely jealous; they are absolutely a gorgeous bird. Wyandottes tend to mature a little later than many other chickens, but the boys combs and wattles are bigger than the girls at 8 weeks and often start to get red at that age too, where the pullets should still be orange-ish. Hope that helps [​IMG]

4. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    I NEED pics. Not that I know how to sex them but I'd love to see you chicks

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    pics would help get some good guesses on the sex of the chicks. I think by this age, it should be starting to show if you have any roosters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by