How To Shift Place With Chickens

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Saaniya, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Saaniya

Saaniya Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi
    Hey Guys ,

I want to discussed a thing with you all
    Me & my family will shift to a new home next month I've 2 roosters 6 months old how to shift with chicken will they get stressed what can I do to provide them.a new environment

2. Doc McCluckins

Doc McCluckins Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2016
    Middle Tennessee
    Congratulations on your move! We moved to a new home with our flock about a year ago and I think they actually liked their new coop better than the one at our old house. We did not transport our old coop and just build a new one at our new home. We just ensured they had enough space and a shelter and of course feed and water and they were fine. They were happy since the new coop still had grass on the run. We transported them in cages and moved them in the day time so they could explore their new space.

Saaniya likes this.
  3. Saaniya

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi

Thank u so much dear ..
    Ohh heheh great
    Do older chickens get stressed from travel like little chicks?

4. Doc McCluckins

Feb 3, 2016
    Middle Tennessee
    I show my birds and as long as they are in a comfortable confinement I find they travel fine. I am new to showing and my farthest show was three hours away this last weekend. All the birds we took did fine and I purchased some young pullets while I was there and they did well in a small pet carrier on the way home. It helps to keep it dark while travelling to keep them calm. Cardboard boxes or plastic totes with holes work well. I often use pet carriers since I always have them handy plus they have handles.

My husband surprised me with two new show ducks for Christmas yesterday and they were shipped via two day priority. They had a special box for shipping adult birds and they did not seem stressed at all when they arrived. I'll attach pics I took of their box and the inside. It was my first shipping experience and I was pleased. The birds arrived happy and healthy.
    Snapchat-135340727.jpg Snapchat-199794481.jpg

Saaniya likes this.
  5. Saaniya

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi

Awww thank y so much for ur reply ..
    Can u pls reply my thread about sour crop I think one of my chickens having it I don't know how to deal with it

6. Doc McCluckins

Feb 3, 2016
    Middle Tennessee
    I have not experienced that either so I am not much help there. I'll see if I can tag someone that may be more help. Good luck!

7. chickens really

chickens really True BYC Addict

Chickens hate change...Lock them in the new Coop and run for a week..Egg production will drop or stop..They should do fine once settled..

Saaniya likes this.
  8. Saaniya

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi

Heheh I don't have hens only roosters dear

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by