1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How to Ship very small eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ThiefPouter06, Oct 3, 2012.

1. ThiefPouter06

ThiefPouter06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    green co. KY
    What do you all use to ship small eggs?

2. iluvpeeps

iluvpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Somewhere
    I've ordered all of the eggs that I've hatched online and they were pretty small. None were broken and each one was wrapped in its own piece of newspaper. Have the box be packed with newspaper so that the eggs stay in place securely and write fragile on the box.

3. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

I haven't sent any eggs, but I have received a lot of small eggs (bantams and silkies). The eggs were individually wrapped in bubble wrap quite a few times, and then placed in the box which had been cushioned with shredded paper and/or bedding from the coop from whence they came.

(none were broken and the air cells all appeared fine, I just stink at hatching them)

4. Texasmja

Texasmja Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2011
    The ones I received were individually wrapped in bubble wrap, packed loosely in packing peanuts in a box and that box was inside another box.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by