How to spot leg problems in Ducklings??

nayeli

Songster
6 Years
Jan 18, 2014
I have two ducklings and I keep worrying that one of them is walking funny, it walks around quickly and from reading the threads I know I need to find some niacin or brewers yeast for both... but I want to make sure the one doesn't have a broken, dislocated, or otherwise messed up leg.

Of course! I was going to give them a bath today anyway because it seems to be getting worse.

It looks worse today. I think she broke it the other day (she fell from the couch). =/

0.jpg
0.jpg
0.jpg
0.jpg

I hope one of these helps.. These are my first ducklings and I have no clue what to do for her leg other than the niacin or brewers yeast.

@Miss Lydia @Lacrystol ? Please help. These are my first ducklings... and I'll probably never do couch time again =(

@Amiga
I have read your answer on another post. What other vitamins etc do you recommend and where can I get them? Also should I seperate this one from the rest?

I do not believe it is niacin related. Looks more like Perosis. I would suggest upping the choline and upping the manganese, and possibly reducing the calcium (calcium binds manganese).

Clint

I do not believe it is niacin related. Looks more like Perosis. I would suggest upping the choline and upping the manganese, and possibly reducing the calcium (calcium binds manganese).

Clint
How exactly do I up those two? Poultry Nutri-Drench?

Back
Top Bottom