How to stabilized temp in top hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AandAranch, Mar 3, 2014.

1. AandAranch

AandAranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Eastern South Dakota
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I set my Brower top hatch up a couple days ago and still haven't figured it out quite yet. I think I've read about a million posts about this specific incubator but none specifically instructs how to stabilize the temps. I have 4 thermometers in there all close to one another in accuracy. I have the tub wrapped up in plastic bubble wrap which helped the temp go up but now I'm having a problem stabilizing it. It was flickering like crazy last night but today it hasn't flicker once. Is that not normal? The tempts have been between 98*-102* I know, pretty big fluctuation. But as of the last few hours they have been between 98.5*-100* I would like it to stay there but I'm worried about the bulb NOT flickering. Should I turn it way down then turn it up and then down til it starts flickering again? I think I should mention that when it WAS flickering it was never above 97* so that seems kind of strange. Any opinions from those of you with experience with this incubator would be deeply appreciated. Thanks :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by