How to start farming pigeons?

pigeonfarmer101

Hatching
Jun 12, 2016
Thomasville, Georgia
I have recently got interested in the idea of farming pigeons. I was wondering if some of you could help me get started. Some of the things I am wondering about include:

Where to get the pigeons?

The best breed for farming squabs?

Want to feed the pigeons?

How big should the loft be for 2-3 pairs?

Where and how to sell squabs?

Could you keep pigeons and chickens in the loft/coop?

Thanks
:hugs

I have recently got interested in the idea of farming pigeons. I was wondering if some of you could help me get started. Some of the things I am wondering about include:

Where to get the pigeons?

When it comes to pigeons:
Check out this site in a perfect world you should find someone near by.

http://www.npausa.com/customer_service/found_pigeon.html

The best breed for farming squabs? Runts or King pigeons.

Want to feed the pigeons? I am thinking chicken grower.

How big should the loft be for 2-3 pairs? Two cubic feet roughly per pair (nesting area) and if possible a aviary area.

Where and how to sell squabs? Can not help you there.

Could you keep pigeons and chickens in the loft/coop? Not a good idea best to have a partition to keep the birds separate.

Thanks
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Perfect advise from Hukom Coco.

I feed my king pigeons on Chicken Layer Pellets and also mixed grains. Oyster shell grit and pigeon minerals in small pots available 24 / 7.

No added vitamins, but I do add apple cider vinegar in the drinking water a couple times a week.

I only breed mine for our food for ourselves. And they are also 'pets'.

you need to find birds that are bred for fast production some of the best breeds are utilty kings hubbles and a few others runts are slow clumsy and not fast producers they have been bred for show and size not production

Back
Top Bottom