how to stop digging

cary 1973

Songster
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Henderson Nevada aka Las Vegas
so my girls have tried to dig to china in the middle of the yard where everyone walks I have filled it in multiple times I dont know what the heck they do with the dirt it just disapears into thin air
idunno.gif
I dont care about there digging under the trees or in my garden during winter or anywhere in there run but this one spot are ankle brakers how do i get them to stop digging there

I filled it up with dirt from there run at 4pm its less then half hour later and the whole is back to where it was before I started (2 bucket full of dirt the kind of buket that kitty litter comes in)

Last edited:
Sorry, you're gonna have to but down a barrier like pavers, or a fence to keep them away from wherever you don't want them at all. Mine started digging around the piers for my propane tank and I was afraid they'd undercut one end. I purchased medium sized Cobble/river rock -about a quarter yard - and placed it under the tank and around the piers, enough to make a layer of a couple cobbles deep. They now dig elsewhere.

x2 Your best bet is going to be to cover it up or block it off. It is impossible to get them to stop digging because it is so ingrained.

Do they have dust baths already? If not you could give them a nice big one so they don't have to dig to bath. But, they still might and they will always dig for bugs and treats and grit.

Good luck!

oh they have a nice big dust bath they never use but they made there own under the bushes that too are almost to china i think they dig this part of yard as it has humgusly big night crawler worms thats what started this there was a small dead tree there and i pulled it up and attached to what little roots where left was a 2 big worms the girls seen before i did and gobbled them up this hole fist both my size 10 shoe in with pleanty of room to move around pluse it goes up to my ankle and getting bigger by the day and its right in the walk way i guess i will have to go buy some stepping stone or somthing or make chicken stew for dinner :) j/k

Back
Top Bottom