How to store eggs in hot summer season

Ranjith padams

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2018
India
hi everyone of BYC

im Ranjith padam ,please can anyone kindly tell me how to store eggs in summer and One of my friend suggested me to store the chickhen and geese eggs in a refrigirator and use for hatching when the broody hens are available

what will be the hatching chances of eggs which are stored in a refrigirator

please anyone say what are the pros and cons

I usually just move them to an indoor location, which for me, means that the temperature has decreased enough that no egg embryo process starts up. Others have said they can hatch eggs that have been refrigerated, but I would guess that means a certain cool temperature, not some kind of really cold temperature. But then others mention those cases where eggs are laid in very cold winter temperatures and are still viable days later when the chicken begins to sit on all the eggs.

It depends on what your house temp is during the summer months. Ideal storage is around 60*. So refrigerator is below the ideal. And your kitchen counter would be above the ideal. If the temp gets up into low 80's you may get some development. (I'd have to look it up to see what that exact temp would be.) Development that occurs outside of the normal parameters results in birth defects. All that being said, eggs are best to be set within 7 - 10 days of being laid.

I usually just move them to an indoor location, which for me, means that the temperature has decreased enough that no egg embryo process starts up. Others have said they can hatch eggs that have been refrigerated, but I would guess that means a certain cool temperature, not some kind of really cold temperature. But then others mention those cases where eggs are laid in very cold winter temperatures and are still viable days later when the chicken begins to sit on all the eggs.
Thanks for the information can you tell me is it advisable or not storing eggs in a refrigirator or how to store it properly

It depends on what your house temp is during the summer months. Ideal storage is around 60*. So refrigerator is below the ideal. And your kitchen counter would be above the ideal. If the temp gets up into low 80's you may get some development. (I'd have to look it up to see what that exact temp would be.) Development that occurs outside of the normal parameters results in birth defects. All that being said, eggs are best to be set within 7 - 10 days of being laid.
ok thanks i got it nw

Back
Top Bottom