How to store fertile eggs

Chickenfarmer101

Chirping
Mar 24, 2019
I have male and female ducks. She is starting to lay fertile eggs. I bought an incubator and did some research. How can I store these eggs so I can collect about 9 to fertilize them. I heard to put them in the fridge but it also lessens the hatching rate. Can anyone explain? :jumpy

I have male and female ducks. She is starting to lay fertile eggs. I bought an incubator and did some research. How can I store these eggs so I can collect about 9 to fertilize them. I heard to put them in the fridge but it also lessens the hatching rate. Can anyone explain? :jumpy
I'm not familiar with incubating duck eggs, but I would think the principles are similar? I would suggest to store them upright with the air cell at the top until you have collected all your eggs. I would say keep them at room temperature. I'm trying to imagine what a duck would do... she would normally lay eggs until she had her clutch, I don't think she goes and puts them somewhere where they are kept cold lol. Just follow nature's steps.

Let's see what someone says that has duck experience.

Back
Top Bottom