How to tell cat gender

Pics

Ducksandchickens

Free Ranging
Apr 24, 2018
North Western Ohio
We have one cat that we believe is a female but about a week ago another cat came around. We can pet the cat but we can’t pick it up bc it scratches and bites if we do. I’m wondering if u can tell the gender of a cat by looking under the tail? When he/she raises its tail I am wondering if I can sex it? I don’t know if that is possible or not!

96199237-51DC-4CAC-B56A-EB32B3675688.jpeg

We have one cat that we believe is a female but about a week ago another cat came around. We can pet the cat but we can’t pick it up bc it scratches and bites if we do. I’m wondering if u can tell the gender of a cat by looking under the tail? When he/she raises its tail I am wondering if I can sex it? I don’t know if that is possible or not!

432EBADA-4A26-4D6D-B6F7-626D4BE2179F.jpeg

If it is an adult, scratch the base of the tail on top. That's the "button" that raises the back half of the cat up including the tail. If it is male, you should see evidence of the family jewels, either intact or the remnants if it was neutered. If one of the cats ears looks like it was cut or notched, it is a feral that was fixed and released. If it is a feral and has all the jewels intact, please consider trapping and taking in to be fixed. It then can be released. (May need to keep it for a couple of days to heal before releasing.)

Back
Top Bottom