1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how to tell the sex of a 3 month old chicken?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by The Breaker, Aug 22, 2011.

1. I have 10 cros bred chicken aboughts 3 months old how do I determen the sex?[​IMG]

2. Kaelinstorm

Kaelinstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    Can you post images yet? Because that might help [​IMG] This forum is pretty good at finding out for you [​IMG]

3. Sorry I read how to but I cant figyer out how to.[​IMG]

4. Kaelinstorm

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    I just usually use the Img button and copy and paste a link from a different site like FB or Flickr, etc... someone once said they do that from an upload place somewhere on here but Ive never done it.

5. mstrrlm

mstrrlm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Picayune, MS
    Look under the feathers?[​IMG]

6. Kaelinstorm

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    Well here is the way I tell... do any of them have long, whispy, pointed feathers just above the tail (saddle feathers)? Like this:

[​IMG]

If so then you have a roo on your hands. No this isnt mine but someone elses Roo... just a good picture of one I helped out one day. I hope they dont mind I stole it LOL

7. thanks alot il looke.I now for serten that one is a rooster his tale feathers are long and green. there fatherwas bared rock/amerucana and difrent mothers including light brahama/buff orpington/black austrlorp/amerucana.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by