how to train rooster to attack strangers

morheb

Songster
7 Years
Aug 30, 2016
hello

i had an aggressive rooster that attacked all strangers and annoying people who enter our property, but it died (RIP, two minutes of silence...)

so now i need to train another one to take place as home guard, is there anyway to train the rooster?

thanks

NOT advisable, trust me on this one. You would be putting small children in danger. Roosters are already more nervous around small kids than they are adults and you'd be setting yourself up for a lawsuit. This is a new one on me. If he blinded a kid who wandered onto your property, you'd be regretting this decision to have an "attack rooster". And it's entirely possible if the kid is small enough.

I know a friend's rooster would often get between her and a perceived human or animal threat, but he was not aggressive toward her or the family, nor did he attack the shady characters, just became a barrier.

A rooster is not smart enough, even the smartest ones, to know the difference between someone you want him to attack and someone you do not.

Last edited:
Someone I met had a rooster they "taught" to be aggressive... Next thing they knew someone had gotten hurt and they were the ones to pay doctors bills.

I would not advise you to do that.... And what is your main reason for training a rooster to be aggressive? Because it is in a roosters blood to protect his Flock so most don't need training for that unless you have a different reason.

I have had many roosters that were aggressive (all i did not raise) and they left quickly.... My little sister had a rooster that turned quickly into dinner because he spurred her.... Not to be messed with.

You dont. If your trying to figure out how to train a rooster to fight another rooster its illegal and immoral. Thats the only reason I can think you would want to do this . Chickens are/can be loving pets . they are intelligent to a degree and it you are able to train one to fight I hope you are his first victim.

You dont. If your trying to figure out how to train a rooster to fight another rooster its illegal and immoral. Thats the only reason I can think you would want to do this . Chickens are/can be loving pets . they are intelligent to a degree and it you are able to train one to fight I hope you are his first victim.
No way, it is not for rooster fighting, i want it to keep strangers away that is uutthene we had only attacked strangers but never hurt anyone, (not badly anyway)
Someone I met had a rooster they "taught" to be aggressive... Next thing they knew someone had gotten hurt and they were the ones to pay doctors bills.

I would not advise you to do that.... And what is your main reason for training a rooster to be aggressive? Because it is in a roosters blood to protect his Flock so most don't need training for that unless you have a different reason.

I have had many roosters that were aggressive (all i did not raise) and they left quickly.... My little sister had a rooster that turned quickly into dinner because he spurred her.... Not to be messed with.

Sooo u say i can train one to protect the house like a dog?
How can i?

Back
Top Bottom