How to treat worms

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chiks_rule, Nov 23, 2010.

1. chiks_rule

chiks_rule Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2009
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Hi, New chicken owner here. I have a Polish pullet that has worms. What is a good broad spectrum de-wormer or home remedy that I can get. Prefer to be able to quickly pick it up from the feed store rather than order. Thanks!

2. chiks_rule

Nov 19, 2009
    Fredericksburg, VA
    I read somewhere before that I can feed/water with Food grade DE. Will this get rid of worms or prevent them? Can I add DE to yogurt and how much to rid worms.

3. chiks_rule

Nov 19, 2009
    Fredericksburg, VA
    I went to TSC and bought some Wazine. I have the dosage but it doesn't say for how long to treat for Roundworm? Also, do I fix a new batch every morning? It also says not to use in chicken laying eggs for human consumption. How many eggs do I need to throw away after treatment before we are good to eat them?

4. Chick-a-roos

Chick-a-roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    Blue Ridge, GA
  5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Dosage for wazine is one ounce per gallon of water, leave it out for 24 hours then discard. It's not necessary to make a new batch. Dont eat the eggs for 14 days.

6. chiks_rule

Nov 19, 2009
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Is there a better broad spectrum de-wormer that I should look for? How do I treat the pen and cage to rid of worms/eggs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by