How to upload Photos to BYC

Sgsf

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
I've noticed a great deal of people saying they couldn't figure out how to post pictures. But, hopefully this guide will help. This guide also includes pictures (
tongue.png
) to help make the guide easier to follow. On average, it usually takes me one minute to upload a photo or multiple photos, so this guide shouldn't take too long.

GETTING YOUR PHOTO ON THE COMPUTER

If you have a Camera loaded with pictures of your beautiful chickens you want to spread all over the internet, then simply get the memory card out of the camera - And plug the memory card into the computer. Usually a computer will have a small slot you can slip it into. If you don't you can use an external memory card reader (see the bottom of the thread for this). Once the memory card is plugged into the computer, there should be an option that says Import Pictures if your on windows. Click Import Pictures, and you should see all of the following (unless your programs are different):

import.png

After clicking on import, a box should pop up asking you to name the new album of pictures. Simply put in a name, and after that, just click done/OK or whatever the button says. After that, the pictures should be loaded onto your computer. A screen should come up with all the pictures, allowing you to view them. WARNING: If you are not sure where the pictures are located, right click one of the pictures and click Properties. Make sure your on the general tab, and look where it says Location - Thats where the picture is located on your computer.

properties.png

UPLOADING THE PICTURES

This part is pretty simple. You can go on http://imageshack.us/, or http://www.photobucket.com to upload photos. I prefer Photobucket, although you have to sign up (its free, don't worry!). I will be using Photobucket as the example in this one. After you create your account, go to your basic album homepage. There should be a button that says "Upload Images and Videos" - Click on that button, and then simply select the photos you wish to use. If you can't find them, remember back to where you found the location of the images? Copy and paste that location link into the file name part. Example of this:

open.png

After that, just click on open and select the pictures you want. Then just click save and they will be uploaded. After that, a screen will come up on Photobucket asking to add tags or descriptions to the photos, just click save and then after that you will go back to your pictures page and their will be all the pictures you've ever uploaded.

POSTING THE PICTURES

Go back to your Photobucket account, and go back to the pictures page (pops up after login). And find the picture you want, hover your mouse of it, and a little box under it should popup.

bo.png

Click on IMG Code, and it should auto copy the link. Just make sure by right clicking the highlighted text and clicking copy. After that, come on back to your sweet home BYC, and make a new topic or post, and copy that code into your post wherever you want for the picture to show.
smile.png

===================================================================================
If you are one of those people with an external memory card reader, you should take it out and plugin the camera
memory card to it. Then plugin the USB cord into the USB port on the computer. Then after that, you can follow the
rest of the guide to uploading your pictures normally.
smile.png

NOTE: This is what the USB port on the computer looks like:

usbport.jpg

===================================================================================

Well, I hope this guide helped. If you have any questions or suggestions, just post them right here in this thread and I'll be sure to respond!
smile.png

Last edited:
I have no problems uploading to BYC and posting pics in the threads! It's my BYC PAGE that I cannot figure out how to get pictures on. I used to know but I forgot after creating my first page. The old saying, "If you don't use it, you lost it!", is so true!

Quote:
To put it on your page, click on the Image button (looks like a film, with the colors green, blue, and black) - Then enter in the URL or file. You can use the location link for that one, or go to Photobucket and copy the Direct Link Code and paste it in there.

Sgfs, Please help. I know how to upload and get my photos and go to My uploads.
I do not know how to copy and paste...the link to the photo to the thread I want on BYC to click submit. Help

There is a great tutorial for building your BYC page. I don't remember the details but it was easy to do after I looked at the tutorial.

Aria,

After finding the picture in "my uploads" under each picture are 2 lines
1 labeled thumb
1 labeled image

Right click on the Image line. It will highlight. Then click on copy. Close the window. you will go back to the thread. Then position curser where you want to and right click. click on paste. The line of code will appear like a link. When you submit the post it will magically be the picture.

Imp- hope this helps

I don't have Internet where I live and I use my iPhone for Internet.
Could some one send me to a link or let me know how to upload pics using your phone? I would
love to put up an avatar! Thanks in advance!

I don't have any photobucket or imageshack anythings. I know how to get the pictures onto my desktop. I'm looking for how to direct load a photo so it shows up in my post. I'm a member at a homesteading site and I know how to do it there but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it here. Is there a direct load how-to thread somewhere please?

You don't need photobucket etc.
There is no way to directly upload it to your posts.
You need to upload it to BYC uploads first. Then copy and paste the image code to your post.

click on the word uploads at the top of the page in the blue bar.
click on browse, find picture, click on it, click open.
click on submit, it will go to your uploads.

then copy and paste the image code to your post.

Imp

Thank you very much Imp. I found it on that upper blue bar right between recent posts and messages. Ta da. I would have never known what that Uploads button was for if you hadn't told me. I had been clicking on the Img button and all I kept getting was nothing but brackets and the letters img. Very frustrating. The only thing now is..... I don't know how to get back to where the photos I added are stored and I'd like to swap them out if I get better photos. You don't happen to know how we get to our photos do you?

Back
Top Bottom