How to upload pics from Picture Phone

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chicken_angler, Dec 6, 2008.

1. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    Anyone know how? I have a Rant. It is from Sprint. I need to upload 2 pics and I don't have internet on my phone. How can I get pics onto my desktop or Photobucket.com?

Thanks

Cody!!

2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Can you email from you phone? Send yourself an email and then save to your computer?
    I dunno cuz I do not have a picture phone.

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Or send a text with a picture attached if you have that feature, otherwise you can't do anything with it.

4. chicken_angler

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    Yeah I cant send Picture mail. I only have unlimited txting. Ohh well. The pics will have to wait till the morning when I can get them on a camera. Thanks guys!

5. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

here's some info, it may work... using a data card, you may also need extra software from your phone manufacturer.
    http://cellphones.about.com/od/phoneownerscorner/ss/sbs_trans_to_pc_4.htm

Also, here is a cable which would connect your phone to your PC, again, you may need software on your computer to do this, or, you may not. it all depends, my current phone makes it impossible to do it, which makes me very unhappy, if I don't sign up for the service from the provider, I'm stuck. *grumbles*

here's what the cable looks like, there's lots of places to get it, most are decent, but I try to buy from a known company even if it costs a couple bucks more.

http://www.wirelessemporium.com/pro...-cable-for-samsung-rant-sph-m540-skn6238a.asp

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:In your texting, you should have to option to send a text message or a pix message. You can do it that way...

7. chicken_angler

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    To send Pic Mail I have to access the internet and it cost over 20 bucks more a month.

I have that exact cable. It came with my phone. I cant seem to get any pics up onto my desktop.

8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Does your phone have a memory card? I take mine out an put that into the computer and transfer pics that way.

9. chicken_angler

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    It has a micro SD card

10. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yup.....it should have came with an adapter that the micro card fits into making it the same size as a normal SD card.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by