How to wake up your german shepherd

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Nov 14, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    DH and I babysat our grandson all weekend. Both of our GSDs adore the grandson and follow his every move. By the time the kiddo left yesterday afternoon we were all exhausted, including the dogs.

Our older GSD crashed out with his head under the foot rest of my recliner. When I needed to get up DH tried waking Jax by calling his name and poking at him with his foot, but Jax slept on. Over and over again we called Jax's name, but he was dead to the world. I didn't want to squish his head.

I really, really needed to get up so finally I hollered "There's a BOOGER!", booger being our word for bad guys. Jax jumped up, smacked his head on the bottom of the footrest and almost toppled my chair over getting up.

Call me mean, but I couldn't stop laughing. [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

You're mean! [​IMG]

Imp- remember you asked for it.

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    OMG That's hilarious!!! [​IMG]

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    That is hilarious! [​IMG] Poor guy! [​IMG]

6. LoveMyFeatherBabies

LoveMyFeatherBabies Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2011
    Shelby, NC
    Bless his heart [​IMG]

My Daisy dog doesn't like to move when its time to move, so she has gotten dumped out of the recliner multiple times.

This made me giggle [​IMG]

7. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    lol.....I have a similar trick I use on my Pit Bull. I say "SQUIRREL" and she roars to live. It's so funny how they can go from zero to 90 in a split second!!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    When the Princess and I go away, Dani our golden goes to our daughter's house. Up there she has Lola, a black lab, and Rocky and Otis, pug 'rescue' brothers plus my SIL and 3 grands to play with. Rocky is her 'best bud' and they play constantly. When she comes home she goes into a catatonic sleep for 3 days. I know how grand children wear you out. We get my son's daughters for a week each summer and that exhausts the Princess and me.

9. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    bwahahahahaHAHAHAHA
    That is SO funny!

I used to have a boxer that went EVERYWHERE with me. She was an obsessive squirrel and rabbit chaser and we used 'bunnysquirrel' to get her attention - or just to make her make that intent wrinkled up boxer face. Anywho, one night it had gotten very late and I was heading home through a very bad part of town. Sadie was fast asleep on the passenger seat when I got stopped by a light. There were 5 or 6 really scary guys hanging around on the corner and one of them took a couple of steps in my direction. I whispered 'Sadie, bunnysquirrel' and she jumped to her feet - alert and intent with her shoulders bunched and staring out the window. That 'poor' guy almost knocked himself down getting back to his buddies. [​IMG] atta-girl! get-um

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:O-M-Gee, do they ever. At noon yesterday I asked Keith if my stepdaughter had told him what time she planned to come get him; Keith said she hadn't. At 2 PM I sent Mandi a text saying COME GET YOUR KID. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by