How to ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crazychicken, Feb 25, 2009.

1. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    Remove unwanted eggs from under a broody ?

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Very carefully and make shure youre wearing running shoes..

[​IMG]

JK dont know but I know someone will

3. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:Why? Does she have too many?

She will normally let you slip a hand under her. Just be quiet and move slowly, or wait until she gets up to drink or poop.

4. crazychicken

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    she is sitting on a bunch of fake eggs and a few eggs from today,this weekend well Friday I am getting eggs from someone and I do not want her to hatch the ones from today. because then the hatch dates will be a few days off and quite frankly I am tired of hatching the same old thing every time. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  5. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    hey crazychicken, what part of nc are you in? i am in graham, nc. just go and take them out slow, and plaace new ones back in slow. william

6. crazychicken

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    I am near Raleigh and I just tried to get them and she pecked my hand as hard as she could even with gloves it hurt. I need to rethink this through.

7. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    what kind of eggs would you like? and what kind do you have? i have black ausrtlorps, NHreds, and RIR's. william

8. crazychicken

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    I have br and I am going to get some banty eggs from a friend of ours that is if I can get mine out lol .

9. emandmikey

emandmikey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    Hey CrazyChicken! My Serama just turned broody again today! She had been broody a few weeks ago, but I 'broke' her of it, just in time for my eggs to come in the mail from a generous person here... LOL! I guess you should get some good gloves so you can do the transfer... have you tried tonight under cover of darkness? My girl is sitting on NOTHING, and she still wouldn't get off of the nest tonight - I even stuck my hand under her to see if there was anything there.... What kind of 'same old, same old' are you tired of? Em

10. crazychicken

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    I have br and black star and my black star is broody and I just went out there a second ago with gloves and she pecked my hand until it drew blood. I imagine what the neighbors said "did you just hear someone out by their coop scream ? " man she does not want to give them up. [​IMG] any one have cement filled gloves ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by