how to .........

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ameraucanacrazy, Apr 4, 2009.

1. ameraucanacrazy

ameraucanacrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    how do i get my baby oegbs to have the small combs

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    If youre talking about the males, you need to wait untill they are grown, then you have to dub them.

3. ameraucanacrazy

ameraucanacrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    how do u dub teh males

4. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

Cut it off with a tool called dubbing shears....Somewhat barbaric [​IMG]

5. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=138579
    This
    is a thread on dubbing with some good info.
    Just for the record when done correctly dubbing is not barbaric. I have dubbed lots of birds. Never had any side effects or bad expeiriences. About 5 to 10 minutes after you dub your bird he is back to normal, and you cant tell anything was even done to him. [​IMG]

6. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry I shouldn't have been so rude.... I afraid can't help wondering why they would need to have their comb & wattles cut off in this day & age. But I suppose it is little different to docking tails & ears on puppies. (We have a new wirehaired Fox Terrier puppy & she looks very cute with her little dinky tail) [​IMG]

7. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:No problem. Yeah its not much different than tail docking and clipping on puppies. You dont have to dub OEGBs, unless you are wanting to show them. If you dont want to show them, then its just a personal decision, wether you like them to be dubbed or not. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by