How we spent our Thanksgiving....):

baldie

Songster
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Douglas, MA
Hello all....and Happy Thanksgiving!!
My son came down with a sore throat yesterday. Last night it got worse...then came the fever and then this morning he was throwing up. Poor baby. I called the Drs last night and they said to watch him. We ended up going to ER this morning. We just got home. He has Strep Throat. They filled him with all kinds of meds through an IV plus he was becoming dehydrated. The sick son is 11 years old. My five year old looks over and whispers to me...." Mom can we go sneak to Thanksgiving when Caleb falls asleep.
lau.gif
He wanted us to sneak out when his brother was sleeping. Too much!!
gig.gif
He was so excited about this day and getting to see all his aunties and uncles and cousins. Oh well, we were all together and made the best of it.

hmm.png
My daughter came down with a cold, she has been snotty and coughing for a couple of days, yesterday she threw up a couple of times, and today just snotty and coughing again.

So we skipped going to my DH's cousins place, DH and DS went and I stayed home with the little sick one.

The hubby was gonna take the little guy, but my sister lives so far away and its so late now. I am getting ready to cook a big chicken and some other stuff, I told them we could have a make up Thanksgiving with everyone if they want. Plus we always have x-mas dinner.
I hope your daughter feels better.

Sorry about the "change of plans". These types of adventures are the ones you always remember and so will your children. Hope the chicken realizes how important a role he/she has at dinner tonite! God Bless you guys and.....Make that xmas dinner a BIG one!

Back
Top Bottom