How Weird Is This?!?!(pics added)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hollymh, Mar 23, 2009.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I have three babies, two of them are 6wks and one of them is 5 wks, well one of my babies has no comb but is the biggest and has huge legs and feet the other two have bright red combs developing but they are small compared to my other baby. Does this have anything to do with thier sex or is it just a fluke and I have a giant chick and 2 small ones?!?! I could have sworn that my big chick was a roo but now I'm thinking it's just giant!!! lol help me I'm confused![​IMG]

Sorry the pics are crappy, it's night here and my camera isn't behaving

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can upload more if these aren't any help!!!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  2. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

You didn`t mention breed, but it sounds like you have two cockerals of one breed(maybe bantam) and a pullet of a large breed.......P

3. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    It could have to do with the breed

or not! [​IMG]

My two cochins - both pullets - were different sizes for months. Now they are nearly identical. Go figure.

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    At that age you can't predict much of anything based on comb and wattles. What breed are they?

5. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    They are a mix of Phoenixs, and wild jungle fowl, I live in Guam so they are a combo of the fighting cocks people have brought in and the resident jungle fowl. I will post pics so you can see, they are pretty birds!!! I found the eggs in a nest that had been driven over and incubated the ones that were not crushed.

6. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    Good for you, rescue chicks. I have a giant BR and i swore it was a roo untill last night when i moved all the roos to their own pen. She is huge compared to the other hens! Hoping for good breeding stock!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by