How will these chickens do together?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by modenacart, Jan 21, 2008.

1. modenacart

modenacart Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2008
    New Bern, NC
    I am about to order four chickens and would like imput on how they would do together.

Australorp
    Faverolle
    Barren Rock
    Polish

They will all be hens.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

The guy I got my chickens from had australorps, faverolles, and partridge rocks all together, along with some wyandottes and ameraucanas. I don't know anything about polish, but the others should be fine.

3. JDH

JDH Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2007
    Well, if you look at my signature- I have all of those breed all together minus the SS as I lost her to a hawk. All do very well but all of my breeds are really docile so that might help.

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    my favorrels get picked on a bit and I think polish would get picked on alot and cant see well good luck though.

Henry

5. modenacart

modenacart Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2008
    New Bern, NC
    According to mypetchicken.com they are all suppose to be very docile. I don't know if anyone has had a different expeirence.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

When hatcheries rate them, they usually mean docile with people. Chickens still have a hierarchy that they work out and that sometimes will change and have to be reworked. They will fuss with each other from time to time. I love my Barred Rocks-they dont pick on others for the most part and just mind their own business...looking for treats on my deck, LOL.

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    My larger girls do not like the polish girls and tried to pluck them bald. It wasn't pretty at all. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by