how would boil eggs without used stove top?

sunflowerenvy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
south/west tn
I love hard boil eggs {eggs} we are moving into a house and we already pull out the electric stove top. we want a gas stove install but i dont want anything electronic on it boy it is hard to find one now a day. so i will have to find a way to cook my eggs to make devil eggs? I have crock pots n a microwave 1200 watts and electric grill So does anyone know how to cook my eggs in the meantime?
thank u for any help
Laura

Put the crockpot filled with water on the electric grill. Use to boil eggs. Voila - hillbilly breakfast.

Also pretty much every chef I know agrees: You want an electric cooktop (to manage heat control) and a gas oven (to bake things better). Electricity fries better and gas roasts better - so don't worry about finding a 100% gas oven, it's more marketing that made it so expensive/lusted after.

Last edited:
Quote:
i know that i want to become hillbilly but so soon

frow.gif

btw where u near that cyclone that hit there?

Quote:
i know that i want to become hillbilly but so soon

frow.gif

btw where u near that cyclone that hit there?

Nah I just got the floods and pouring rains - thank goodness. The cyclone was North of me but it hit all my favourite vacation spots.
sad.png
(Poor Cairns! Poor Hallows Beach! I nearly died by box jellyfish there! GOOD TIMES!)

It's okay, we all need to embrace our inner hillbilly. Wait until I tell you that you can use the crockpot-on-the-electric-grill method to make Australian bread!! Oh yeah, nothin' better than a tinbilly and damper!

You can spray non-stick spray into a bowl, crack your egg, make sure the yellow has been burst, add spices, cover with paper towel and microwave 30 seconds to a minute. Comes out tasting just like a boiled egg....just a different shape!

Quote:
we lose power alot here. so gas is away to go for cooking n heating to old for a wood stove lol

Well that makes sense. But I got a secret to combat that: generator. OH MAN life with a generator rocks. (Like you can totally use a pressure washer to get the mud out of your house in a flood if you have a generator! It was like the #1 thing people were clamoring over when an emergency happened).

I have a gas everything - but usually they still need an electric start. You probably won't find one without that at least. It's beneficial so you don't burn your hands off when lighting the darn thing (my electric start busted!
sad.png
).

Back
Top Bottom