1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how would i go about making blue laced sebrights?????

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by LCwilson, Dec 12, 2009.

1. LCwilson

LCwilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    i saw someone was trying to make this color and thought i would try. i cant remember who the person was but it was posted months ago. i figured i would give it a try because i know there is buff,silver,and gold not blue. that would be something.

anybody know how i would go about making this?

thanks. cole.

2. LCwilson

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    anyone???

3. Pathfinders

Pathfinders Overrun With Chickens

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    Quote:I have no idea how you'd go about doing it, but they sure would be pretty! I guess it would depend on what kind of black is in the lacing, as there are several kinds of black. You'd have to bring in another breed, and it would be a while sorting out type, as Sebrights being hen feathered would have trouble with any other bird that isn't, that carries Blue.

Remind me, is there another hen feathered bantam out there? If so, do they come in Blue? That's what you need to figure out.

4. LCwilson

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    i dont think there is. i know theres sebrights and i know theres a few standards but sebrights is the only thing i can think of for bantams.

5. Yvonne37894

Yvonne37894 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Live Oak, FL
    Back when I was looking fot a Golden Sebright Roo for my hens.
    I was told to breed the hens with my Silver Sebright Roo to get the Blue Sebright.
    Don't Know if this is true or not, never tried it. Found a Beautiful Golden Roo.

6. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Nope. Not true. If you breed a Gold cock over Silver hens, you get Gold pullets and off-colored cockerels (Light yellowy color). If you breed Silver cock over Gold hens, then you get Silver pullets and the same cockerels.

7. blackdotte

blackdotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    You will have to introduce the Blue gene from another breed. The best would be a henny feathered Blue Birchen OEG bantam. Keep pullets from this mating with Sebrights, and mate back to Sebright, & just keep repeating this step for about 4-5 generations.
    David

8. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    If you could find some Blue laced red breed that is close in type to seabrights, and breed a BLR male to sebright hens, that should give you sexlinks and the males should be blue laced like what you are wanting, though they may have a yellowish cast over the silver. But you should be able to breed the best F1 roo to the Sebright hens and repeat for several generations until you get it.

9. LCwilson

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    thanks all. what other breed of bantie looks like a sebright. i know OEG look like them. but ive never seen a BLR OEG!

10. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I've never seen BLR OEGs either, not even from all of Ideals OEGs, BLR Wyandottes are the only BLR bantams that I know of. You still may be able to use Blue OEGs or Blue Dutch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by